Tolhuin & Small farm
Experience a relaxing day in the countryside at the little town of Tolhuin. The rural area of Tierra del Fuego. Enjoy a typical Argentinian barbecue (asado) in a small familiar farm.
On the return have fun on the snow with optional activities on the winter resorts, like snowmobile or sled dog tours. Otherwise enjoy snowshoeing for great views.
From July to October
Variable, from low to mid
8/9 hours aprox.
• Car sightseeing
• Snowshoeing (Optional)
• Snowmobile (Optional)
• Sled dogging (optional)
• Carbajal Valley
• Garibaldi Pass
• Escondido Lake
• Fagnano Lake
8:00 AM. Pick up hotel y head north by the National Route 3.
-Leaving the Beagle Channel, get into the Andes. Enjoy explanations and photographic stops on the way to Tolhuin –
9:30 AM. Arrival to the emblematic Garibaldi Pass. Photo stop.
10:30 AM. Arrival to Tolhuin.
- City tour and stop for fresh bread on the typical bakery “La Unión”.
11:30 AM. Arrival to rural farm “Las Tres Marías”.
- Promenade by the farm. Visit to the chiken coop and the vegetable garden. Time to relax.
00:30 PM. Barbecue time.
2 PM. Beginning of the return to Ushuaia
3:30 PM. Arrival to Winter resorts for optional activities. In case you are not interested, arrival to snowshoeing trail.
4:30 PM. Departure towards Ushuaia
5:00 PM. Arrival to hotel/downtown.
• Proffesional guide
• Snowshoes and poles
• Lunch: Barbecua or boxlunch
• Hot beverages and water
• Personal insurance
• Personal bottle of water (recommended)
• Walking shoes, better if waterproof (or bring extra pair of socls)
• Waterproof jacket
• Waterproof pants (to enjoy the snow)
• Warm clothes, gloves and hat
• Small backpack
• This is a private tour, so it is completely customizable
• Snowmobile and sled dog tours, operates with extra charges. Write us for pricing
• Snowshoe walks are with no extra cost. I recommend you to take them.