Balconies & Lakes
Leave the coastal city of Ushuaia and get inside the Andes to experience the interior of Tierra del Fuego with active and dynamic itinerary. Walk with snowshoes in two different trails, to enjoy amizing views of glaciers, mountains, lakes and forests.
Have the typical fuegian lamb for lunch and take the chance to ride a snowbikes or take a sled dog tour, on the ski resorts.
From July to October
Mid. (Low dificulty trails, but one of them with sustained inclination and uneven terrain)
• Scenic car ride
• Lunch: Lamb (recommended)
• Snowmobile tour (optional)
• Sled Dog tour (optional)
• Carvajal Valley
• Garibaldi Pass
• Winter sports centers
• Escondido Lake
8:30 AM. Pick up hotel. Head north along the National Route N°3 towards the interior of the island, leaving de Beagle Channel.
9:30 AM. Snowshoeing on the Garibaldi Pass: Get to one of the most outstanding views of Tierra del Fuego, with this walk of two hours. Great view over the Escondido and Fagnano Lake.
11:30 AM. Return to the car, and head toward the Winter sports centers.
00:15 PM. Arrival to “Las Cotorras” Resort. Time for optional Winter activities (Sled Dog Tour, Snowmobile Tour, or others).
1 PM. Complete lunch of lamb and salad.
2:30 PM. Departure from “Las Cotorras”.
3 PM. Snowshoieng over “Tierra Mayor” Valley. With this easy walk of one hour reach a wide perspective of the dramatic Alvear Mountain Range and “Tierra Mayor” Valley.
4 PM. Departure towards Ushuaia
4:30 PM. Arrival to Ushuaia
• Proffesional Guide
• Snowshoes and poles
• Optional lunch: Lamb on winter sport center or boxlunc in the woods
• Hot beverages and water for walks
• Personal insurance
• Personal bottle of wáter (recommended)
• Waterproof and warm shoes
• Sunglasses or ski googles
• Waterproof jacket and trousers (like ski clothes)
• Warm clothes, gloves and hat
• Small backpack
• This is a private tour, we can customize it to match your tastes