Garibaldi Pass & Lakes Region
Leave the coast of the Beagle Channel and get inside the Andes Mountain Range to experience the inner Tierra del Fuego Island.
Its wide diversity of landscapes allows us to cater different discovery experiences suitable to every travelling style.
From sightseeing trips focused on learning and tasting the local flavors to adventure tours including different activities like trekking, canoeing or off-roading.
October to May
Full day (-/+ 8 hs according to the chosen itinerary)
• Carvajal Valley
• Garibaldi Pass
• Fagnano Lake
• Escondido Lake
We begin our journey from Ushuaia and head north towards the Andes Mountain Range's interior, following National Route N°3. In the first thirty minutes of the trip, we come across the breathtaking Carbajal Valley. The valley is home to winter sports centers, traditional restaurants, and several scenic stops, providing an opportunity to enjoy a scenic 1-hour hike and explore the peat moss valleys of Tierra del Fuego.
The drive through this valley will take us east up to the winding uphill south-north crossing of the Andes known as the Garibaldi Pass. This famous section with great views allows a closer look at the high mountainous environment and the access to the lakes region.
Once descending to the north side of the Andes, find Escondido Lake and finally Fagnano Lake. In this area off-roading, hiking and/or paddling takes place.
During the visit to this region, drive over 70 miles by the National Route 3 and/or off-road trail
The lunch during this tour can be at a typical mountain restaurant or in the forest with a boxed lunch.
Contact us to get the best itinerary for you.
Our recommended tours in this region are:
- Full-day tour with up to 4 hours of hiking in different trails.
- Full-day tour on 4wd vehicle driving off-road trail and having the local lamb at a typical mountain restaurant
- 6 hours tour with many photo stops and lunch (either at a restaurant or boxed lunch)
• Professional Guide
• Hot drinks
• Lunch or boxlunch
• Personal bottle of water
• Waterproof walking shoes or extra pair of socks. (For hikking tours)
• Waterproof Jacket
• Warm clothes, gloves, and hat
• Small backpack (Hikking tours)
• All our services are private, so we can customize them to you. Ask us.